Director of Dining Services
Kirby Pines Retirement Community, Memphis, TN
The Director of Dining Services will be responsible for the day to day food service operations including recruitment, staffing, budgeting, strategic planning, and vendor negotiations. The successful candidate will assure high standards of quality and service including menu development, catering and retail venue management. The Director of Dining Services is responsible for the overall satisfaction of the dining program, adherence to regulatory requirements including modified diets and standards of nutrition,
sanitation and safety, and training.
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology or related field; or A.A. Degree plus 5 years of directly related experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in retirement or senior housing preferred
- 5 plus years of direct food service operational management experience in a fine dining/hotel/country club setting, with inventory, purchasing knowledge and control
- Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Experience with P&L accountability highly desirable
- ServSafe Certified
- Certified Dietary Manager certificate desirable
Kirby Pines is looking for motivated cooks to work in a large fast paced kitchen. Experience is needed in volume production, prep work, knife and culinary skills. Must be able to follow instructions and maintain standards. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task in a changing environment required.
Must have good customer service skills and enjoy interacting with the customer. This is a great
opportunity for the right candidate.
Resident Services Coordinator
Assisting residents with any needs or requests; process work orders; schedule housekeeping appointments; send service reminder notice to residents; take guest apartment reservations, and prepare guest packets. Help with making, distributing and troubleshooting of electronic keys; take meeting room reservations; assist with special events; creating resident VIP cards; prepare gift certificates; and processing charges and credits. Contacting vendors for service requests; relief for front desk receptionists; coordinate amenities and department requests and services. Must enjoy working with the elderly; possess excellent communication, computer and phone skills, and the ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
This is a full-time position; hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.