Perpetual Senior Adult Life MinistrieS, Inc. is the 501(c)3 regulating board for Kirby Pines.
- Chairman, Dr. Jimmy Latimer, Kirby Pines resident.
- President, Rudy Herzke, Owner, Herzke Insurance.
- Secretary/Treasurer, Berry Terry, Kirby Pines resident.
- Richard Coons, Retired Chairman of ACTS, Inc.
- Boyd Rhodes, Jr., Partner, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP.
- Dr. Fred Grogan, Pediatric Allergist, Allergy & Asthma Care, Kirby Pines resident.
- James Ethridge, Chief Executive Officer, Ethridge Enterprises.
- Mary Ann Hodges, Managing Director, Private Wealth Management Group, Suntrust. Mother-in-law lives at Kirby Pines.
- Larry Braughton, Retired Vice President of Human Resources, Baptist Memorial Healthcare.
- Rusty Linkous, President, Linkous Construction Company, Inc.
- Linda Harrington, CPA, Tax and Accounting Manager, Dobbs Management Service, LLC
Say Hello to the Warm and Friendly Kirby Pines Team.
Take a walk on beautiful grounds. Take a peek at who’s in the greenhouse. Take a seat at an on-campus concert. Take a dip in the indoor pool. Everywhere you go, you’ll see friendly faces. The faces of friends and neighbors, as well as caring and dedicated professionals driven to inspire you to live an active and fulfilling life.
Michael Escamilla has served more than 30 years in professional and progressive managerial roles serving senior adults. Since 2003, he has been the executive director of Kirby Pines, a community managed by Retirement Companies of America. His responsibilities include overseeing the daily operations of the continuing care retirement community (CCRC). He previously served as executive director for Classic Residence by Hyatt’s Palm Beach County premier CCRC, Lakeside Village. Michael is involved as a member of the Board of Directors for Creative Aging of the Mid-South, a not-for-profit foundation that brings cultural arts to seniors in Memphis Tennessee; and is active with The Decorative Arts Trust at the Brooks Museum. Michael earned his undergraduate degree from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and completed his graduate studies at the University of Houston in Texas.
Director of Medical Services and HR
For over 30 years, Annette Marlar has been part of the RCA family. She currently serves as director of medical services, human resources and public relations at Kirby Pines. After graduating from Baptist Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, she oversaw classroom and clinical instruction at the teaching hospital. Her prior work experience also includes working at Cedar Crest Hospital in Humbolt, Tennessee as the director of nursing services. Annette remains active in Sigma Theta Tau International, an honor society dedicated to the nursing profession. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing form Union University; a Bachelor of Science degree in organizational management from Crichton College; and a Master’s degree in organizational management from the University of Phoenix. Annette has been a part of the State of Tennessee Board for Licensing Healthcare Facilities since 1998. She is also a member of the American Nurses Association; the Tennessee Nurses Association; the National Gerontological Association; the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants; and the Society of Human Resource Managers.
Mike Abutineh, M.D.
Director of Sales
Director of Accounting
Life Enhancement Director
Director of Maintenance
Director of Dining Services
Director of Grounds & Landscaping
Director of Security