Trust can be hard to gain and easy to lose.
When you become a resident at Kirby Pines, you place your faith and trust in us to do everything we say we’re going to do. So we think you should know exactly who it is you’re counting on to follow through on these promises.
Kirby Pines is owned by Psalms, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Its Board of Directors is the ultimate governing body for the community and is responsible for our financial performance. Its members are:
- Chairman, Dr. Jimmy Latimer, a Kirby Pines resident.
- President, Rudy Herzke, Owner, Herzke Insurance.
- Secretary/Treasurer, Berry Terry, a Kirby Pines resident.
- Richard Coons, Retired Chairman of ACTS, Inc.
- Boyd Rhodes, Jr., Partner, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP.
- James Ethridge, Chief Executive Officer, Ethridge Enterprises.
- Mary Ann Hodges, Managing Director, Private Wealth Management Group, Suntrust. Her mother-in-law lives at Kirby Pines.
- Larry Braughton, Retired Vice President of Human Resources, Baptist Memorial Healthcare.
- Rusty Linkous, President, Linkous Construction Company, Inc.
- Linda Harrington, CPA, Tax and Accounting Manager, Dobbs Management Service, LLC
Our community has been managed by Retirement Companies of America for more than 37 years. RCA’s history of sound management, forward-thinking, and keeping its promises to residents is legendary and has contributed to Kirby Pines being voted the Best Retirement Community in Memphis and the Mid-South for 12 consecutive years. Their executive team includes:
- Charles S. Trammell, Jr., President
- Michelle Trammell-Vincent, Senior Vice President
- Tim Cox, Senior Vice President of Finance
- Laura Cornwell, Vice President of Finance
Day-to-day management at Kirby Pines is guided by the steady hand of our Executive Director, Michael Escamilla. Michael has served more than 30 years in professional and progressive managerial roles serving senior adults has been the executive director of Kirby Pines since 2003. He previously served as Executive Director for Classic Residence by Hyatt’s Palm Beach County premier CCRC, Lakeside Village. He is involved as a member of the Board of Directors for Creative Aging of the Mid-South, a not-for-profit foundation that brings cultural arts to seniors in Memphis Tennessee; and is active with The Decorative Arts Trust at the Brooks Museum. Michael earned his undergraduate degree from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and completed his graduate studies at the University of Houston in Texas.
Annette Marlar, Director of Medical Services, Human Resources and Public Relations.
Ms. Marlar joined RCA in 1984. Her responsibilities include overseeing all medical services, human resources and public relations for Kirby Pines. After graduating from Baptist Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, she oversaw classroom and clinical instruction at the teaching hospital. Ms. Marlar served as the director of nursing services at Cedar Crest Hospital in Humbolt, Tennessee. She remains active in Sigma Theta Tau International, an honor society dedicated to the nursing profession. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from Union University; a Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Management from Crichton College and a Master’s degree in Organizational Management from the University of Phoenix. Since 1998, Ms. Marlar has been a part of the State of Tennessee Board of Licensing Healthcare Facilities. She is a member of the American Nurses Association; the Tennessee Nurses Association; the National Gerontological Association; the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants; and the Society of Human Resource Managers.
Mike Abutineh, M.D.
Life Enhancement Director
Director of Sales
Director of Transportation
Director of Environmental Services
Director of Grounds & Landscaping